Sunday, July 30, 2006

Celebrations

I took three days off from the editing. I was so weary of staring at the pages. I have plenty of work to do on the novel. I've discovered some really fun resources, message boards populated by Bull Riders. These cowboys are salty and the salt of the earth. They're good ol' boys and gentlemen and professionals who know their business inside and out and don't mind lending a hand to a youngster just coming up. Their phraseology is homespun, hysterical, and heartwarming.

Tomorrow begins a week of intensive editing, not only on my novel but that of my writing buddy who finished her book this morning. Tonight we're going out to celebrate with rootbeer floats and some bar-b-que.

Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. Don't you just love the sense of achievement when you've finished one goal? Congratulations!

    Enjoy your editing week and the camaraderie

    ReplyDelete