Tuesday, September 12, 2006

A Start

Today I got to start working on Drums of the North Star. I've decided on who my heroine is, and I like her. She's young, naive, a bit vain, and doesn't realize she's carrying some prejudice around with her. I'm looking forward to helping her grow and develop and discover that there are good and bad people of all races.

I also ordered a new Bible today. I can't wait for it to get here. It is a parallel translation of the Message and the New American Standard Bible. I love the NASB, and I've been intrigued by The Message. I know there are folks who all but shudder when they think of The Message, but I consider it to be like a commentary when paired with a translation. I'm looking forward to reading it.

Vicki has gotten a rather hefty dose of rejection this week. Her book made it THROUGH the publishing committee only to get vetoed by the president of the company. Ugh. So close, and yet... Guess that means that God has somewhere else for that book to land. Even though she got encouraging comments from the publishing board and the editor who went to bat for her, rejection still stinks. Been there, smelled that.

Donna has almost completed the editor's revisions on the YA mystery she's been offered a contract on. Congratulations, Donna. You've worked hard.

No news from any publishers re my own work, but I figure no news is no news. At least no one has said "No, thank you" in the last little while.

Still praying for Stephanie, whose requested YA novel is still in the inner workings of a publishing house.

I think we'll all get there if we only keep trying.

4 comments:

  1. I love the start of "Drums". The heroine is very real.

    As to rejection and no news, "good things come to those who wait." Course there's the counter adage, "Patience is a virtue, seldom found in men and and never in women." :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's something so wonderful about a new Bible! Do you highlight and underline? I do. Now I even use Post-Its. Have fun digging into the Word:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will underline, and I make some notes in the margin, but I have not done the Highlighter thing yet. I can't wait until the new Bible comes...I'm haunting the mailbox!

    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stephanie2:05 PM

    My heart absolutely ached for Vicky when I read that. It's huge to make it as far as she did, but that's hard.

    ReplyDelete