Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Our Stinkin' Old Lace



On Monday night (in the absence of my ability to get Monday Night Football, now that ESPN has it) our family watched a movie. One we'd gotten from the public library. As we were watching, my son commented, "I love our stinkin' old lace."

As you can imagine, his parents looked at one another in consternation and confusion. Upon asking for clarification, he pointed to the tv screen and said, "This movie--'Our Stinkin' Old Lace'."


Light dawned. We were watching Cary Grant in "Arsenic and Old Lace"! What a hoot!
On another note, the "Chick-lits" met and gabbed our heads off last night. Writing, writing books, agents, non-fiction writing ideas, kids, homeschool, movies, clothing, extended family...we covered it all with laughter and friendship.
And I did the Boot Scootin' Boogie today. Happy dance that I reached 10K on the WIP.

3 comments:

  1. I knew first, I knew first!! Was there for the historic 10K moment. Super accomplishment and I'm happy for you.
    I wanna be a Chicklit too! Are you starting an Ohio franchise soon??
    And although I love Cary Grant, unlike James, I never cared much for the stinking old lace movie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that movie, and I love James' title for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That movie was a hoot! Congrats on the start of your novel, what a great accomplishment for you!

    ReplyDelete