Sunday, December 03, 2006

A little holiday quiz---


This Christmas quiz came via Kaye Dacus at Ramblin' Writer. You can access her blog by clicking on the K.N.Dacus link to the left. Copy the quiz to your blog, then come back here and let me know!

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot Chocolate---with marshmallows :)

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? We don't do the Santa thing around here, but when I was a kid, Santa wrapped everything...strangely enough in the same paper my mom and dad used for their gifts to us kids. lol

3. Colored or white lights on tree/house? White lights on the tree, colored bubble lights in the garland on the piano, and red poinsettia lights on the garland on the bannister.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? No, but I'm not adverse to dragging my husband under some when I see it. LOL

5. When do you put up your decorations? The weekend after Thanksgiving.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Roasted Turkey and Sweet Potatoe Souffle.

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child: Fearing you would never fall asleep, that Christmas would never get here, and giggling under the covers with my brother and sister. My dad went outside our bedroom window and shook a string of jingle-bells, and scared us all back into our own beds and rooms where we lay stiff as boards with our eyes jammed shut hoping Santa didn't know we'd stayed up.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I don't remember a specific time. I think it came to me gradually.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? LOL This was always a sore point with us kids. We got to open one gift, but it was usually a dress my mom had been making for weeks for us to wear to the Christmas Eve church service. We'd had it tried on us mutiple times, so we knew it was coming Always felt a bit gypped on that one.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? The whole family gets involved. The husband and son put the tree up and get the lights on it, and then the kids and I put on the ornaments and put up the garland. The boy and I put out the nativity sets, of which I have many.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Love it.

12. Can you ice skate? Noooooooooooooooooooooo. Bad ankles, bad physique for it, and no sense of balance. lol

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? As a kid...loved getting books and Breyer horses. As an adult...last year my husband got up early the day after Thanksgiving and stood in the dark outside Staples to get me a flat panel monitor for Christmas.

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Family, worshipping together on Christmas Eve with my church. Seeing my kids' faces when they open their gifts.

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? COOKIES! I love frosted sugar cookies. Oh, and peanut brittle.

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Our church's Christmas Eve service ranks way up there. Then we go look at Christmas lights. Also, we have an open house at our place on New Year's Day, watching football, playing games and eating ourselves stupid in anticipation of our New Year's Diets. My parents had an open house on this day for more than 30 years. When I moved to MN, I missed the time with friends and family. So we decided to do it ourselves.

17. What tops your tree? Nothing right now, since our red and gold star broke and we haven't found what we want to replace it with yet.

18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? Both. :)

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? White Christmas or I'll be Home for Christmas.

20. Candy Canes? YES!

5 comments:

  1. Dirty darn, yours is more colorful than mine! It looks like a candy cane or Christmas garland. Cool answers too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun is this? I'm working on adding this to my blog. Check it later. Loved the jingle bell story. Ho-ho-ho, cracked me up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so much fun--learning all the different things people do for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo, fun answers! The story about your dad scaring you is funny :-) Sounds like something my parents would do. But hot chocolate over nog???

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stephanie12:02 PM

    I think you have about the cutest family I've ever heard of.

    ReplyDelete