Sunday, December 31, 2006

Rumors of my demise...

What a week!!! I've now lived through my first "end of year" frenzy as a company bookkeeper. Multiple visits to lawyers, accountants, and enough trips to the bank that I'm thinking of taking out office space there, left me no time to write.

The family was very good to me over Christmas. I received more than I deserved. The best was a wireless mouse for my laptop. I've been experiencing hand pain with all the typing I do, and having a full-sized mouse instead of using the touch pad has helped already.

The husband and the son have been purging the son's room. Frankly, it looked like Toys R Us threw up in there. Legos, Lincoln Logs, GI Joe, etc. With new toys arriving at Christmas, there was no room for them. They've done a great job, and there is a place for everthing, and much is going to be passed on to another home. Hooray for the men in the family!

I've been able to 'compost' on Drums quite a bit whenever I had a few minutes. I'm looking forward to getting back into our routine.

4 comments:

  1. I'm so relieved you didn't fall off the face of the earth. And I'll be glad to get back to our routine too. Have a Very Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just returned from Baton Rouge where I spent the holidays with my family, so wanted to drop in and wish you a very HAPPY NEW YEAR!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you found a solution to part of your hand pain--though I still say part is reaching HIGH for those numbers! There is probably a bookkeeper's diagnosis name for that.
    Composting is good--about the only thing most writers get done over the holidays.
    If I could remember the routine, I think I'd enjoy getting back to it! With kids still out of school until tomorrow, I think we got another day's reprieve.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Toys R Us threw up, LOL--that's us too!

    I don't think I could use a touch pad and not have pain, so I'm glad you found a solution.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete