Saturday, January 06, 2007

Paper wad war

Today, Heather and I crept out of the house at daybreak for a breakfast date and a day at the library. I'm happy to say I added 5022 words to the WIP. And I took Advil before I left this morning so my hands are doing well. Both things an answer to a lot of prayers.

I had a few surprises crop up in the book, which I love. Well, I love that there were surprises, but I was shocked to find out one of my characters died! I was standing right beside him when he took a bullet. EEEK!

Heather and I found carrels facing one another in a back corner of the second floor where I could plug in the laptop. After about three hours of straight writing, and Heather coming and going getting books that interested her, I got bored. I wadded up a small piece of paper and hurled it over the carrel to pop Heather in the nose. She hurled it back and a one wad of paper paper wad fight was on. We collapsed in giggles, stifling laughter and holding our sides.

Needless to say, we had a great day, I got lots done, and it feels great!

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a super fun and productive day! I'm glad your hands didn't hurt either---maybe you could even do one of those Advil commercials--"after hours of typing, my hands felt good enough for a paper wad war with my daughter!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a productive day. What a fun memory you made for your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo! Progress! I hit 84,478 with the chapter I finished today. I targeted this novel to be 90k, but it's looking more like it's going to be 95-100k instead. But I don't have anyone to throw paper wads at when I get bored of staring at the computer screen so...

    @#$@#$
    !##$%%^(#@
    &*(*#$@@#$
    @#$#@$

    there's a virtual paperwad. hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting, Kaye! You're getting close to the end! Will you have a lot of editing to do on the ms?

    I feel like big things are going to happen this year. Pray, girls, pray!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How wonderful! I thought about crashing your day out as I was writing like the wind here in my corner of the bedroom. Rewrote chapter 1 of STS...45 to go! :) Hey, it's a start...and it only took 4 hours, but I am soooo much happier with it now!

    Also had some neat neat neat ministry things happen over the weekend. I agree, God is doing great things already...put on your helmet and seatbelt, I predict some wild rides.

    ReplyDelete