Friday, July 06, 2007

The Friday Five

The Friday Five this week:

Five Things I bought today:

1) Two pairs of new shoes for the First Born.

2) New socks. :)

3) A chocolate chip cookie dough cement mixer from Culvers.

4) Yarn for the First Born to crochet a lap blanket for Gramma (the Minnesota pronunciation of Grandma) and a baby blanket for a friend.

5) The above picture. CJ Kennedy did the artwork. It is a dual Coats of Arms for my family (Bonam) on the right and my husband's family (Vetsch) on the left. I took it to Artistic Framers here in Rochester and had it framed to match two pieces CJ did for me a little over a year ago. Please stop by her website and check out the Illuminated Initials. The White Leaf E and the White Vine P are hanging in my bedroom right now.

Had a fun day with the First Born. The Second Born went to the shop with the husband. The First Born and I went to the library and shopping and out to lunch. I got 2K words on the new novel. And two new characters showed up. :) I love it when that happens.

4 comments:

  1. Erica, do you live in Rochester, MN???? My grandparents live there, a year ago, my sister lived there a short time (hubby was working at Mayo), and I've been there a gazillion times! It's a pretty city, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I live in the Med City. I agree, it's a very pretty place. You'll have to give me a buzz when you're visiting again so we can get together and gab writing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You'll have to explain the chocolate chip cookie dough cement mixer to me---I haven't a clue.

    ReplyDelete
  4. CCCD Cement Mixer = yummy vanilla frozen custard with chunks of chocolate chip cookie dough swirled in kinda like a Dairy Queen blizzard, but better.


    mmmmm I could use one today...it's wicked hot here!

    ReplyDelete