Saturday, July 28, 2007

Meme from G's Blog

I got this Meme from Georgiana's blog. It's also on Kaye's blog. It looked like a lot of fun.

1. What’s the one book or writing project you haven’t yet written but still hope to? The book I hope to write is the one I'm working on now. My ideas don't come too far ahead. I'm totally sold on the project I'm currently working on, and as I near the end of that one, another unfolds that needs to be written.

2. If you had one entire day in which to do nothing but read, what book would you start with?

Last night I couldn't sleep, and I had all sorts of books to choose from. I stared at my bookshelves in both the office and the livingroom. I finally selected Rainbow Six by Tom Clancy. The choice would be different tonight, tomorrow night, etc.

3. What was your first writing “instrument” (besides pen and paper)? Radio Shack Tandy computer with WordStar word processor. We had the old tape cassette backups too. No floppies. And an amber monochrome monitor.

4. What’s your best guess as to how many books you read in a month? I used to read at least a dozen books a month, but I write more than I read these days. I'd say about four to six books a month now.

5. What’s your most favorite writing “machine” you’ve ever owned? My Dell Inspiron E1705 laptop with a 17 inch screen, two batteries, and all my 'stuff' saved on it. I've had it a year now and I absolutely LOVE it! It was a gift from my darling husband.

6. Think historical fiction: what’s your favorite time period in which to read? (And if you don’t read historical fiction–shame on you.) I love most anything from medieval times onward. It all depends on the characters and the writing. I've read Biblical fiction, but it isn't a favorite with me.


7. What’s the one book you remember most clearly from your youth (childhood or teens)?

Arabian Cow Horse by John Richard Young or The Scrapper by Leland Silliman

4 comments:

  1. #3 had me LOL--I graduated from the TRS-80 to a Tandy 2000 (with the dual disk drives--one to boot up the system with and the other for saving stuff on) in the early 1980s!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and I forgot to mention . . . I switched from WordStar to MS Word in 1992 or 1993 when I got my first Windows capable computer. I still have some files in my "Ideas" folder that are in WordStar 7 format!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Remember that lovely data squeal when uploading to cassette? And how cool getting a color monitor (with about 8 colors) was?

    I watched an episode of MacGyver with my son the other day and Mac stole a 5.25" computer disc from a terrorist. My son had no idea what it was. He thought it was a black envelope. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are we dating ourselves? I remember all that stuff too!

    ReplyDelete