Friday, September 07, 2007

The Friday Five



This week's Friday Five:
Five things I learned/noticed while attending my MIL at the hospital this week:
1. No matter how hard a hospital tries with the air fresheners and cleansers, the whole place always smells of warm disinfectant.
2. Rochester Methodist Hospital (part of the Mayo Clinic) has the best nurses in the world.
3. What did we do before plastic? I would venture to say 90% of all hospital equipment and supplies are either made of or packaged in plastic.
4. I have the two greatest kids in the world. (I know I'm biased, but they have been SO terrific this week.)
5. Prayer works, not just for the object of the prayer, but for the person praying. My MIL is coming home today, bypassing the nursing home where they thought she was going to need to go for the next little while. On Wednesday, while she slept, I sat praying for her and reading through some Psalms. The power of God's Word to seep into your soul and heal those hurting places, to comfort, to calm, to be the refuge He promises to be...WOW! I was so uplifted and refreshed. God is good, ALL the time, even when we can't see the way.

5 comments:

  1. Oh, praise God! I know you're ready for her to come home. I just pray that once she does, things on you will ease up a little.

    Still praying . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful news that she was able to come home without the side trip to the nursing home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear some good news about the MIL. Maybe you'll get a little more time to write while she's getting better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's wonderful news!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear it Erica. And you're so right about God's word. He's so awesome.

    ReplyDelete