Friday, September 28, 2007

The Friday Five


This week's Friday Five:
Favorite Board Games
1. Pay Day. Have you ever played a marathon game of Pay Day?
2. Yahtzee. My husband is so good at this game.
3. Farkle. My daughter is SO good at this dice game!
4. Apples to Apples Bible Edition. Some of the combinations my kids put in this game makes me wonder about their spiritual education! LOL But at least we learned that beards were fun!
5. Lord of the Rings Trivial Pursuit DVD edition. My son and I play this on the sly, when my daughter, who is the QUEEN of all things LOTR, is busy. Otherwise, she plays with us and smokes us in about six moves.
What about you? Do you have favorite board games? Any you really HATE? (For me the NO WAY I'M GONNA PLAY THAT games are Sorry and Aggravation.)

5 comments:

  1. The games we have been playing are Can't Stop, Apples to Apples and (sorry) Sorry. Please don't make me play Chess or Monopoly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Balderdash and Cranium. My husband and I rock as a Cranium team! We used to get together with friends every Saturday night and play games until 2 in the morning. Those were the days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I was a kid my brother and two cousins and I used to have Clue marathons and Monopoly too I like Trivial Pursuit the regular old edition, but haven't played in a long time

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually love the Disney version of Sorry--but only if I can be the green people. I don't like it when Miah makes me be the red people which are Cruella deVille and all the villians. We wore out our version and I paid (okay, okay, so it's weird) $25. to buy one on ebay.

    I can't STAND Balderdah or any of those games like that. I like the Here and Now Version of Monopoly (within reason), Pretty, Pretty Princess (if I don't have to lose on purpose because some little kid will scream if they don't win the crown,) I enjoy Mad GAB and a game we play that has thought questions---too bad I can't remember the name.

    One of my favorite games is a cheapy we got for $10 at a local department store. It's called "Christmas Trivia" and has cards like "Trivial Pursuit." All the questions relate to Christmas.

    We also wore out a cool game called "Mystery Mansion." It's like Clue without a dead body. You have to find clues to where the fortune is hidden. It has cute little furniture and every game has it in a different room. I'm haunting ebay now for a new one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG!!! Farkle is totally the AWESOME!!!! Love that game so very much. Mama found Farkle dice in a little plastic case once and bought a set for each of us.

    I grew up playing Monopoly and this wonderful war game my dad has called Supremacy. It's like Risk, only better and you can nuke people.

    We have a large stock of board games as part of our hurricane kit. My brother and I like to play this two-person strategy game called Pente. It's sort of like a cross between Connect 4 and Tic Tac Toe.

    ReplyDelete