This week's Friday Five is:
Five things I have considered doing in order to avoid rewrites.
1. Clean my bathroom. Yes, in desperate times such as these, I consider calling in the Scrubbing Bubbles and Tidy Bowl Man. The bathroom could use a sprucing up, but that won't get the rewrites done.
2. Read more of Noah Lukeman's The Plot Thickens. After all, this would be a writing related activity...it just wouldn't get the rewrites done.
3. Fold laundry. I have a few baskets of clean laundry sitting beside me that I could fold. It is our practice here to do all the laundry up in one day, then fold it all and put it away all at once. But I COULD fold some of it now...but that wouldn't get the rewrites done.
4. Research and find major plot points for the new novel. (What I'd really like to be doing now.) But that won't get the rewrites done.
5. Blog the Friday five...Well, now that that is done, I suppose I shall have to get on with the rewrites.
What things have you done to avoid writing, rewriting, etc.?
Image courtesy of FreeFoto.com http://www.freefoto.com/browse/99-05-0?ffid=99-05-0