Saturday, October 13, 2007

Tagged!

I was tagged by Carla Stewart for this fun little exercise.

It's called the 10-20-30 tag. The idea is to post what you were doing 10, 20, and 30 years ago.

10 years ago, I was a stay at home mom with a two year old and a five year old in Rochester, MN. We lived in a mobile home on the shop lot of the family lumber business, and from time to time a customer would think my home was the business office and just walk in. I learned to lock the door.

20 years ago I was graduating from high school in Salina, Kansas and on my way to college at Calvary Bible College in Kansas City, MO. I met my husband to be the first month of my freshman year.

30 years ago...I was eight. I was in third grade at Hageman School, my teacher was obsessed with all things Little House on the Prairie, and she gave me a D in reading and put me in the remedial reading class. My mother was flabbergasted because I loved reading more than anything and read all the time at home.

I tag:

CJ at The Compost Heap
Donna at Layers of Life
Kaye at Write Place, Write Time
Georgiana at Georgiana D
Jess at JessyFerguson
Rachel The Headhopper
Sally at SallyBradley.com

8 comments:

  1. Erica, you are soooo young! Loved hearing more about you. I've been to Salina, KS. My aunt lived there at one time. Thanks for playing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun blog topic. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes! Erica, you don't know how bad my memory is. LOL I'll take care of this 10-20-30 thingie after church and my husband (excellent memory) will have to help. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAHA, people kept walking into your home. That's funny! Can't believe you got a D =( Yet look how well things turned out.

    I'll post mine tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mine's up . . .
    http://kayedacus.com/2007/10/13/10-20-30-tag/

    ReplyDelete
  6. P.S. --- it's just WRONG that I can vividly remember things that happened THIRTY years ago!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't remember what I did 30 minutes ago so I'm thinking 30 YEARS would give me a headache.

    I'm sure I was doing something then-----

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's fun!

    I read somewhere that over 50% of the current workforce has worked for McDonald's at some point in their lives.

    ReplyDelete