Thursday, October 25, 2007

Wednesday or Whinesday?



Okay, I admit it. Wednesday was Whinesday for me. (Tuesday was too.) I was whining with abandon.
You see, something that I thought wasn't my monkey turned out to be my monkey after all. And I whined. I kicked against it. I told God I wanted out!
God said, "Not yet, kiddo."
I wish I could say I quit whining right there and started acting like a mature adult, but...
It took me until today to pull myself together, yank on my big girl pants, and get positive. I accomplished part of what needed to be done, found out I didn't have to do it all by myself as a dear friend stepped up to do the part I am least comfortable with (hospitality and decorating) and I decided not to be discouraged over the lack of participation from others. Those who are involved in this little shindig on Saturday are going to have a rollicking good time, be blessed by some fellowship with other believers, and those who didn't come...well, maybe next time.
And No More Whining (at least not about this.)

5 comments:

  1. Oh... you whine? I really doubt it. :-)

    Hey, I didn't know you were doing the NaNoWriMo thingie... so am I. :) At least, I'm gonna attempt it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are entitled to whine and here's a serving of cheeze! to go with it because what's whine without cheeze?

    You always do what needs to be done and things always seem to work out the way they should. Saturday will be a wonderful time. I wish I could be there. Really, really!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, but next time you're going to use the secret code word, right? What? You've never learned the secret code word that keeps us from whining? It's . . .


    NO!

    LOL. Yeah, it took me a long time to learn that one. and I can't always say it either. There are just some obligations that we're obliged to take upon ourselves--our crosses to bear?

    I'm sending thoughts of Gouda, Edam, and provolone your way, babe! Nothing like a good whine and cheeze party.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, I'm not the only one who has pity parties??? Hmmm. I've been in your shoes, and sometimes you just have to grit your teeth and go on. And take a bow when everyone tells you what a great job you did!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to admit I've turned into a bit of a whiner over the last few months... because it seems like God is making me do all these things I DON'T want to do (or I want to do it deep down, but I'm scared to fail, so I pretend I don't want to do it), and whining and grumbling is much easier than actually doing. Then when I finally give in and do it, I usually feel like a dope for whining so long, because it's never as bad as I thought it would be or someone comes along to help me. I guess that's why He's God and I'm not. I'd make a really lousy God. :-)

    ReplyDelete