I know there are folks out there who dislike, perhaps even despise, CBS's Survivor. But as a family, we love it! Why on earth? you might ask.
This week's Friday Five is:
Five reasons I like watching Survivor.
1. Unpredictability. No one is safe from being voted off, no one knows everything that is going on, and no one can trust anyone completely.
2. The Challenges. I guess I just like to see people do silly things for a million dollars. They've eaten gross stuff, climbed through mud, rolled giant balls around an arena, climbed through mazes, carried sandbags, and figured out puzzles.
3. Jeff Probst. He makes me laugh.
4. The people. What an interesting mix. It's like a mini "Lord of the Flies". The crucible of enforced camp life really brings out people's character. Add to that the mistrust of each other and the quest of a cool million and people will say and do just about anything. As a people-watcher, this fascinates me.
5. My family. We are all into watching Survivor. There's no cajoling to get us all to join in. And there's the prognosticating. My husband likes to figure out the scenarios that will benefit whoever he's rooting for, talking (sometimes at length) about what a player should or should not do, or about what they did that was good or bad. My son loves to keep count of the votes at the end of every episode. My daughter picks out a favorite and rarely wavers from that decision. When Survivor goes off the air (a long time from now, I hope) we'll be able to look back and remember what a good time we had watching that show together.
How about you? Survivor: thumbs up or thumbs down? Do you have a show like Survivor that you watch all together, or one you wouldn't miss yourself?