Friday, November 23, 2007

The Friday Five


The Friday Five:
Today is Black Friday (Which always has bad overtones, but is good for business, I guess.) Thanksgiving is past, Christmas looms. It's time to make that list and check it twice. So in honor of the shopping spectacular, this week's Five is:
Five things I want for Christmas (In no particular order).
1. A National Championship for the Kansas Jayhawks Football Team and the Round Mound of Mangino. I love that man. He's built like a Spalding Basketball.
2. A National Championship for the Kansas Jayhawks Basketball Team. (Though I am willing to wait until my birthday for this one.)
3. My Mother-in-law to have a good Christmas and to be able to hold off chemotherapy for as long as possible.
4. One of my books to find a home at some spectacular publishing house. Trust me, if one of my books finds a home, I'll consider that publishing house to be spectacular.
5. A happy, healthy family, with stronger bonds of love and faith than ever.
How about you? Do you have a wish-list for Christmas?

3 comments:

  1. I don't really understand the "Black Friday" moniker, either. More like green Friday with all that money flying around. Today's the day to put up the Christmas tree. We did my mother-in-law's yesterday (while we were out of town), and that got me in the spirit. Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Black Friday--the day retailers traditionally come out of the negative for the year (RED) and move into the black, or positive sales when compared to the previous year. Eight years in retail mgt....

    I haven't actually thought about Christmas wishes, but I really like your number 5 and I think I'll adopt that one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm right with you on number four!

    ReplyDelete