Monday, November 19, 2007

NaNo 19


NaNo Day 19 update:
In spite of a lot of distractions, (some external, some self-inflicted) I managed to get two thousand words written today. I'm still behind where I should be for the month but not as far as I was. I still think I can make it, but it's going to take a lot of work.
The wordcount stands at just over 27K. I'm getting there. Tomorrow the goal is to hit 30K.
The gist of the story is: When disaster strikes, a frontier artist must choose between hardship with a husband who cares more for his farm than for her, and prosperity with a handsome painter ready to whisk her away to Europe to study the masters.

4 comments:

  1. Hm, well what kind of farm--now if it's pigs or sheep, I'd kind of go with the rich painter. If it's horses or cows, I guess I could see if there's something to get the hubby interested in staying with me.

    You've got almost a week and a half for 20K. You can make it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, what a great premise--a very tough choice for your heroine, but I can see a farmer eyes light up when she presents him with a picture of his favorite milk cow. Keep typing. You can do it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo, great story! I can't wait to get my grubby lil' hands on it! You're really trucking along with your word count. I believe you'll make it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm really looking forward to the new story! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete