Sunday, November 18, 2007

NaNo Day 18




Today is NaNo day 18. By my calculations, in order to reach the goal of 50K words in one months, my novel should be at 30,006 words.
Mine. Is. Not. Today I cracked the 25K mark. Halfway to the goal. I am about three days behind.
Fortunately for me, we have no school this week. So the plan is to reach at LEAST 35K by next Saturday. Doable. Very doable.
I'm liking the story, though it is rough enough to use in a belt sander. And I'm wondering if I need to add a couple more POV's, because I may be short on words for a final draft. Time will tell. And crit partners. :)
Love you girls!


5 comments:

  1. I just don't understand you and Georgiana -- can't see how anyone can be short words at the end of a first draft. I'm usually WAY over on word count--and that's when I gloss over some scenes knowing I'll be able to fix them/flesh them out later.

    Dont feel bad about 25k words. That's about 22k more than I've written for NaNo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think 30K is fantastic. Hang in there, girl. What is your story about? I'll be thinking of you this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, I love you too! I can't wait to read it=) That's what I had to do to SofA--add another POV. But somehow it works out once you know the story inside and out at the end. At least that's how it works for me. Then there's Kaye who has NO problem meeting word count =) Oh, to have that trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome achievement!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always end up having too many words too. I'm at 34K today and I have 3 dead bodies and the story is moving at a very slow pace. To do justice to this book--eventually---I'll have to max out at 70K or more. So NANO is just a beginning.

    Keep plugging away!

    ReplyDelete