Sunday, November 11, 2007

NaNo Day Eleven




I took a trip to the library yesterday and worked for about four hours. I got just over 4K words written, three hundred shy of where I should've been for yesterday. I decided to quit though, because I knew what the next scene was, and I found something new to put my characters through that I wanted to think about for a couple days. The novel stands at just over 20K words, almost 1/4th of the way to 90K.
Heather has written a little bit on her story, plotted more than I have on mine, and is making slow progress. Surprise, surprise, my methodical, careful, planning child is a PLOTTER! I keep telling her to jump, the parachute will slow the decent, but she prefers to build the bridge of her plot brick by brick before venturing too far over the precipice.
Hard to believe NaNo is one-third over already.

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations for being on pace and keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't believe how quickly the time has flown by. Congrats on your progress

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for progress! November sure is flying!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the huge word count. I came to a screeching halt over the weekend with too many wifely things to do. Wrote nothing! When I did sit down with the laptop, I couldn't see ANYTHING past my character's latest action. They started making goo-goo eyes at each other and I didn't want that, but who am I to say they shouldn't get together NOW. Even though I think it's too soon. Thing is--hero is becoming distracted and not doing his job which is sleuthing. :( Maybe I can accomplish something today.

    Congrats to Heather for being a plotter. It's the easiest way. In my mind, she's developing strong traits towards being a successful writer. I'm a fence-straddler and it just ain't working. :(

    Again, great progress, Erica. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hit the halfway mark today. Trouble is it all sounds sooooooo boring and I think I need to shift my timeline so the story begins in a different season. Not enough is happening, or too much is happening and I need to write it with more interest.

    Remind me not to try this again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Erica! I'm impressed! Keep plugging away. I'm in the composting (creative word for plotting) stage right now myself, and I'm almost ready to "jump in". I have to say, though... it's a looooong way down! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very impressive word count. And writing at the library seems to be working great for you. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Is it still day 11? What is this, Groundhog Day?? Details, we want details!

    ReplyDelete