Friday, December 28, 2007
The Friday Five
Five movies guaranteed to make me cry:
1. Shenendoah, (1965) When Boy comes in the back door of the church and they all break into the Doxology, I cry...every time...and I've seen the movie at least fifteen times.
2. Apollo 13 (1995). The tension while the astronauts are out of radio communication is terrible. Then, the wide shot where mission control bursts out in cheers makes me burst out in tears.
3. A Time to Kill (1996) When Carl Lee Hailey comes out of the courthouse and wraps his daughter in a huge hug...and the background music is "Precious Lord, Take My Hand" the tears well up.
4. A Walk in the Clouds (1995) Just a beautiful movie. Paul (Keanu Reeves) is a wonderful character. When they find the last little bit of life in the burned grapevine, and the father realizes what he's done to the entire family...well, pass me the Kleenex!
5. The Green Berets (1968) Petersan! Petersan! Nuff said. Sniff, sniff....
How about you? Do you have a movie guaranteed to bring on the tears?