Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Suzy Homemaker



Today I felt like Heloise. I had a household dilemma and I figured it out!
Last night I was burning some candles. (I wasn't praying for anything, I just wanted the ambiance.) One of the candles guttered and spilled over, dripping hot wax onto my tapestry table runner. The wax seeped all the way through the cloth.
Consternation! But I figured there were a couple of things I could try. I got the hair dryer and softened the wax, then I used a butter knife to scrape as much of it off as I could. When I couldn't get any more off (and my fingertips were frying under the blast from the hair dryer) I blotted with tissues. One underneath, and one that I pressed with the heel of my hand over and over on the spot. The liquid wax wicked up into the tissue.
Yup, felt very Suzy Homemaker. :)

3 comments:

  1. What a clever ducky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll make note of this. Now, got anything that'll take tape off woodwork? Uhhhh, no, not painter's tape. That would have been too smart! Regular old fashioned sticky brown tape for wrapping packages 'cause I was too lazy & cheap to buy painter's tape. And--uh--it's only been on there for a ...
    (gasp! choke! sniff!) ...year. :(

    Tells you a lot about me, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo, that is quite clever!

    ReplyDelete