I'm not sure if anyone even noticed, but I didn't post a Friday Five last week due to the fact that I was out of town. And now I'm posting them a bit early this week because I'll be out of town again tomorrow.
Today we were given the honor of touring my BIL, Len Vetsch's place of business. He is a plastics engineer with Contour Plastics, Inc. of Baldwin, WI.
So, five things I learned today.
1. The smell of hot plastic being forced through molds at 450+ degrees makes me nauseous.
2. There are HEPA filters that cost more than I paid for my first car.
3. That plastic comes from oil and natural gas.
4. That my BIL is working on a totally cool ray gun looking thingy that will glue your skull back in when you have brain surgery.
5. That based upon the few parts I saw, I NEVER want to have my bladder biopsied.
A big thank you to Len, who gives a wonderful tour. The kids had a great time, and once I got off the factory floor, I did too. :) Len even treated us to lunch at the A&W...though I was a complete Philistine and ordered Diet Pepsi. :)