This week's Friday Five comes courtesy of Kaye Dacus who gave me the idea:
Five Nicknames I have had.
1. Ducky. Anyone who knows my email address will recognize this one. It is a favorite of my parents.
2. Herca. My cousin (more than a dozen years younger than I) couldn't say Erica, thus Herca.
3. Kukada (Kuk-uh-duh) This is what my sister christened me when they brought me home from the hospital. She was 18 mos. old and this is her rendition of Erica.
4. Kuk. My mom's favorite. She uses it about half the time. In fact, I can't remember the last time she called me Erica. It's either Kuk, Duck, or Ducky.
5. Tarbaby. This one is a long story and one for its own blog post.
How about you? Any nicknames you'd like to share? C'mon, I was brave, you can be too!