Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Inching along

Made a little progress on the WIP. I hit the 40K word mark. I'm on the downhill race to the end. I've gotten my characters into such pickles, it's taking a lot of composting to figure out how to get them out of trouble plausibly.

Have you ever written yourself into a corner? In a class I took last fall with Tricia Goyer, she recommended writing to the blackest moment in the book as if THAT was where the book ended, and then try to figure out how to get your charcters out of it. Following her advice, I've written myself into the blackest moment I could think of...and now I'm waiting for inspiration to strike as to how I can get my characters to the Happily Ever After I foresaw for them when I started the book.

And I only have 10K words left to do it in. Eeek!

5 comments:

  1. I love pickles! Keep inching along

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I am so jealous. I am nowhere near 40K on my current WIP. I AM inching along, though, and putting my character in hot water at every turn. Congratulations on your progress.
    PS: We're looking for good airfares for Minneapolis--it will be here before we know it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's some great advice! I never thought of it that way--makes me excited to get there. Congratulations on 40k!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good advice. I've never heard of doing it that way. Congrats on the 40K. :) Wish I could say the same.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you are nearing the finish line! I'd love it if I didn't keep going over the SAME last 10K. Maybe I should write from the criis point backwards.

    ReplyDelete