As you all know, I'm a goal-oriented kind of girl. That's one of the hardest things about this road to publication for me. If there was a guaranteed timeline, where I knew how close I was getting, or how much longer I had to wait, I'd be better at being patient. Just tell me what I need to DO so I can put it on my list, attack it in stages, and get where I want to go. Sigh. Trouble is, there's no road map, no sure-fire way. There is perseverance, there is prayer, and there is persistent, consistent willingness to work and learn. Hard things to check off a list and say, "There, Done!" Instead, these things have to be on the list all the time, and tend to be more of a minute by minute thing. Am I persevering now? Am I praying now? Am I working consistently, willing to learn now? Those who know me well will know how HARD this is for me.
That being said, I need to update my goals.
1. Finish my current WIP. I added another 4K to it today, bringing the word total close to the 75% mark. I'm hoping to finish this first draft by the end of the month.
2. Begin new WIP to pitch at the ACFW conference. This will be a reworking of a novel I started and entered in the Genesis contest but didn't final with. I was targeting a particular publisher with this story, but they have since filled the need for the setting I had chosen, so now I'm free to set it where I would like to. And make it longer.
3. Pull together proposal packets as needed to pitch my work at the conference.
4. Register for conference when registration opens.
5. Forgot to put this higher up...get current WIP critted by Dazzingly Clever Crit Partners and implement their amazingly astute comments into my story.
How about you? Goal oriented? Have some goals you want to own?