Friday, May 23, 2008

The Friday Five and a Book Winner



Wow, where did the week go?
This week's Friday Five:
Because we're prepping for college courses this summer, today's Friday Five is: Five Memories from College
I attended Calvary Bible College in Kansas City and graduated with a degree in Secondary Education - Social Studies, in 19youdon'tneedtoknowhowoldIam.
1. Spotlighting- take a pizza delivery/cop light and shine it at a streetlamp. The light will go off. The goal is to get all the lights on a street out before the first one comes on again.
2. Tony Evans of The Urban Alternative preaching through the entire book of Romans in twenty minutes one chapel period.
3. When a girl in my dorm accidentally dyed her hair pink. (She was trying a henna rinse for the first time...and she already had strawberry blonde hair.)
4. Burning sulfur rocks in the chemistry room (without permission). The next class came in to the aroma of rotten eggs. Thanks, Kris U. for a fun time.
5. Meeting and falling in love with my dear husband, Peter, who tries to keep me out of trouble but with little result. He's a saint.
The picture is the one I'm using as a template for my new heroine, Clara Bainbridge. Thanks to Kaye Dacus, I find it easier to write when I have photos of my characters.
Also, we pitched names in the day-glo hunting cap and DONNA is the winner of Embrace Me and Bella by Lisa Samson. I'll get them in the mail on Tuesday.

5 comments:

  1. You just know I'm going to try spotlighting now. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You outlaw! No wonder I like you so much. That picture of Clara is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the picture of your heroine! Makes me want to read the book, and I don't even know what it is.
    College memories? Too many to count, but falling in love with my hubby of 36 years would be right up at the top.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for character casting!

    My fondest memories of college (the first time 'round, when I was young enough to enjoy the culture) was attending every single LSU home football game--standing in the student section right beside the band. Falling in love with the third-string quarterback, though he only ever saw me as a friend. Taking off at ten o'clock at night to drive from Baton Rouge to Dallas with my best friend to visit her family for a long holiday weekend. Mission trip with 90 other students to Cuernavaca, Mexico, in 1991 (where I met said quarterback). Being on the music team for Crusade. And . . . did I mention going to all the football games? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool, I won! Unless you know lots of Donna's.

    I thought the picture was of you and wondered what play it was from.

    ReplyDelete