Thursday, May 01, 2008

The Friday Five


Four months ago we bought a new tv that came with a blu-ray player at a deeply discounted price. Included in the purchase were four blu-ray discs we got to pick out at that time (Ratatouille or however it's spelled, Cars, The Fugitive and 8 Below were our choices) and five blu-ray discs we chose from a list. These five would be shipped to us at a later date...we just didn't know how MUCH later. They arrived on May 1st.
So I thought I'd post those movie titles for the Friday Five this week. Keep in mind, we had to chose one movie from each of five categories, and for some, it was a case of chosing the least nasty one.
So, the Friday Five:
1. Superman: The Movie...Christopher Reeve. I think the boy will like it.
2. Chain Reaction with Keanu Reeves and Morgan Freeman.
3. Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl.
4. The Patriot with Mel Gibson
5. And the stinker of the lot at this point....Stir of Echoes with Kevin Bacon. I've never seen it, will most likely hate it, but it was the best of a bad lot in the category we had to chose from.
So, watch any good movies lately? Have you taken a risk on a movie lately, expecting you wouldn't like it but discovering you did?

3 comments:

  1. Cool! You used the future dated post feature!

    The boy will definitely love Superman. Pirates is fun. The Patriot is a good choice, though at times a little too graphic. Chain Reaction sounds familiar but I'm not sure if I've seen it or just seen bits and pieces of it. Never heard of the Kevin Bacon film. Hate when they force you to chose something you don't really want.

    I think I was most surprised by My Big Fat Greek Wedding. I don't usually watch chick flicks. Went for a night out with a girl friend when the movie first came out. I figured it would be ok and ended up laughing hysterically through the film. Loved it so much, it's now in my DVD collection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved The Patriot! The others I've either never heard of, or haven't watched. I'm not very movie literate since the tots came along.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooohh...Superman! I love that one. Pirates, and the Patriot, too. All of them have some nice looking men in it. I've seen Stir of Echoes before, although I didn't much like it...I wouldn't recommend it for the kids, there's some nudity,and it's really creepy.

    I just saw August Rush, and the Gameplan. Both of them were really good, although I enjoyed The Gameplan the most. I really want to see Alvin and the Chipmunks, but haven't gotten around to it yet.

    ReplyDelete