Thursday, June 19, 2008

How deep is God's love?

This past week has been full of ups and downs. I've learned anew how blessed I am with a wonderful family and very supportive friends.

I've also learned anew the love of God. I was listening to Robin Jones Gunn's Sisterchicks on the Loose, and one character tells the other to drop her bucket down deep into the well of God's love. That resonated with me.

I've been speaking truth to myself all week when I felt panicky and out of control. (Control is an illusion, BTW.)

The verses that I've been quoting are:


Isaiah 41:10 Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.

and

Philippians 4:6-7 Be anxious for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.
And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

God is good, ALL the time.

3 comments:

  1. And all the time, God is good =)

    Luv you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Erica, I am a friend of Jess. I am on her blog roll. I just wanted to say I too had quite a bit of anxiety this week. Someone vandalized my car. It was so personal to me that someone could hate so deep, maybe a perfect stranger. It was also scary. Actually FEAR gripped me. Today's gospel says "Fear no man". Then I read your scripture verses and I am back to myself, at peace. Thanks for being the messenger.

    ReplyDelete