This week's Friday Five:
Five Memories about the 4th.
1. Skyfire. In my hometown of Salina, Kansas, the city put on a fireworks display each year. I remember waiting what seemed FOREVER for 10 pm to finally roll around so the fireworks could start.
2. The birthday of Jamie Piercy, who lived across the street. I used to babysit her.
3. Last year we had the best time at my SIL, Linda's place. We had a barbeque, went to the Stewartville, MN town parade, and then stayed to watch the fireworks. A great day.
4. My dad's burgers on the grill. MMMMMmmmmm. I'm wicked homesick this weekend for some reason.
5. The first year Peter and I lived in Rochester, we went downtown and watched the fireworks. We drove our little gold Escort and watched the pyrotechnics explode over Silver Lake.
How about you? Any favorite memories?
Have a happy and safe Independence Day.