Thursday, July 24, 2008

Making lists - checking twice



Okay, with less than two months to go until the ACFW Conference in Minneapolis, it is crunch time.
I'm working feverishly to finish a novel. At least enough to be able to pull together a chapter-by-chapter synopsis for a proposal.
I'm also anxiously awaiting a new copy of Microsoft Office (with Publisher) so I can create my pitch sheet for this novel (and series.) Last year I slaved over a pitch sheet. You can find my posts regarding the problems I encountered in the blog archives of August 2007. This year I hope the process is easier.
Beyond that, I need to go shopping for new clothes. Everything I own is too big. (Good problem to have.) I'm on the lookout for a snazzy outfit for the Awards Banquet, as well as some sharp clothes for the classes and workshops. And shoes. Though I love my brand-spanking new red and white athletic shoes, I somehow suspect they wouldn't quite be the thing for the banquet.
How about you? Are you counting down the days? Do you have a lot to accomplish in just a little time?

5 comments:

  1. Oy! Don't remind me. I wanted to finish my novel too, but even though I'm cruising on word count, I still don't think it's going to be quite enough--although I haven't given up hope.

    I'm sooo jealous over Microsoft Publisher! THat's fantastic, as is the news that you're getting a new wardrobe for conference. Fun times =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. All you ducks are in a row. I have no doubt that you finish things on time. The one sheet will go more smoothly because you have experience designing on. Just remember to stay away from the mustard yellow (-; Fun to go shopping for a new wardrobe and new shoes. May I show you something in a red sandal?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sheesh: your ducks, you'll finish, designing one

    ReplyDelete
  4. What is a pitch sheet?
    Blessings from Costa Rica

    ReplyDelete
  5. Erica, I'm counting the days for you. Wish I had clothes that are too big for me. LOL Now here's what I want you to do:

    This year, if Les is there, take pics with him. :) Also, if he takes you out to eat, see if the same writers join you. I haven't been in touch with any of them, and I'm wondering what they've accomplished. :) Nosey Jessy.

    Also, I want details on your blog and I want lots of pics of the skinny you in new clothes. PROMISE!!!

    I predict this year will be super special for you. :}

    ReplyDelete