Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Quick Check In

Wednesday Weigh In Time: I lost two pounds this week, which brings the grand total to 30 lbs. lost so far! Woohoo! The next goal is two more pounds so I can reach a 'benchmark' (not that I would tell all of cyberspace what that is!)

Last night I took a stroll through the clothing I have stored in my daughter's closet. (It used to be my closet before we put the addition on the house, and she doesn't need all that space, so I kept a few [okay, a lot] of clothes I couldn't fit into anymore in there.) I tried on a fancy dress I bought in 1994 for a banquet. It was kinda snug when I bought it, but when I tried it on last night, it was loose! Woohoo!

I also got a new bathing suit. I plan to join a water aerobics class this fall at the Y, and I wanted to be all ready. I hate suit shopping usually, but today I was so encouraged to be able to buy a suit that was two sizes smaller than the last one I bought.

I picked up my new lenses today. Bifocals. I was surprised by how quickly my eyes adjusted to the change. I can now see to read without having to ask someone to go hold the newspaper up against the far wall. :)

Pop on over to The Compost Heap and give a shout out to my friend, Ceej, who is on this weight loss journey with me.

5 comments:

  1. I'm happy dancing for you and counting it as exercise! (-; Congrats on the new swimsuit two sizes smaller.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! That is awesome, awesome, awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your perserverance. It's paying off!
    I love water aerobics--have been going sporadically for about three years. Hint: Don't spend too much on swim suits--the chlorine is a killer. I buy 2 or 3 every year at the Name Brand Clothing discount store here. Throw them out when they get all stretchy and have those thin, see-through spots where you might be showing a bit more skin than you intended :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! great news! I'm so happy for you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun - old clothes that fit again! And a newer, smaller swimsuit! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete