Thursday, August 14, 2008

The Friday Five

The Friday Five is all about the dog days of August.

Five things I love about August (esp. this year)






1. Both the Cubs and the Twins are in the hunt to win their divisions. How do you think they will break my heart this year?

2. The Olympics are on. :)

3. We started school again. I love our routine.

4. For August, our temps have been ridiculously mild. We're still looking for our first 90 degree day of the year.

5. Pre-season football. Nuff said.

7 comments:

  1. Most likely they will break your heart, if the Red Sox continue to stay ahead of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love, Love, LOVE routine--it's the only thing that keeps me sane. August is a great month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're having a strangely mild August in Tulsa, too--after two weeks of brutal 100+ days. Glad our kids have flown the nest, but I do remember that ahhhhh feeling when they went back to school, and I got my routine back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The only good thing I can say about August this year is that our temps have been 20 degrees lower than they were last year (when every day of August was above 100 last year).

    Oh, and LSU's first football game is August 30!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Both the Cubs and the Twins are in the hunt to win their divisions. How do you think they will break my heart this year?"

    Hm, by the Twins losing the AL Central to the White Sox and then the White Sox beating the Scrubs in the World Series? Hm . . . ;D

    ReplyDelete
  6. nonononononono!!!! If the White Sox wipe out both the Twins AND the Cubs...I'll just bust right down and cry!

    Isn't Baseball a beautiful sport...come to think of it, I love all sports...except boxing and wrestling of any sort.

    ReplyDelete