Friday, August 29, 2008

Saturday Meme


Childhood Memories Meme
1. Colors... What was you favorite color when you were little? What color was your room? Was your hair a different color?
My favorite color was blue. My room had dark blue carpet, light blue walls, and my bedspread was cream colored with blue roses on them. My hair started out as pale yellow, morphed to a dirty blond, then dark brown...sadly, it's getting lighter every day.
2. Toys... What were your favorite toys when you were young? What toy did you want to get more than anything else?
Breyer Horses, first, last, and always. These were my favorites and I lived hundreds of hours on the floor of my bedroom playing with them.
3. Pets... Did you have any pets when you were little? If so, what was your first?
We always had dogs. When I was young, my dad had Brittany spaniels, bird-dogs. The best dog was a black lab/Irish setter mix with a heart of gold. We had him for about 13-14 years. Untill or unless I can find a dog with that sweet personality again, I won't get a dog.
4. Holidays... What holiday did you look forward to as a child? What did you do to celebrate?
Of course I loved Christmas and birthdays, but I also loved Halloween and Easter. My Uncle Fred (11 years my senior) would come and take us kids around the neighborhood at Halloween, and he'd always be there to help us dye Easter eggs the night before Easter. He probably never knew how much it meant to us kids for him to be there, but those are some of my favorite childhood memories.
5. Food... Were you a picky eater when you were a kid? What were your favorite foods? Do you still like those foods today?
I was probably a picky eater when I was a kid, but we didn't get a lot of leeway in that department as children. You ate what was served without whining. Favorite foods...I loved when my dad made breakfast on Saturday mornings. Loathed Mac 'n' cheese. Still do. And I don't eat anything that ever lived in water, nothing from the sea, blech, nasty and EW!
Anybody game to try?

3 comments:

  1. Ooo, I hate seafood too!!!! But mac-n-cheese is a staple in our house =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're gonna hate eating in Boston restaurants! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:18 PM

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete