Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Wed WI



A big surprise this week. I'm down three pounds for a total of 38. Woohoo. When I told my MIL about it today, she said I'm just about ready for my Nutrisystem or Weight Watchers commercial. After all Jillian Barbiery (sp?) and Valerie Bertinelli lost about 40 pounds and got commercials...and let's not forget Marie Osmond.
I told my MIL I would be happy just to be in the "results not typical" category. Have you ever noticed that they put that in tiny letters at the bottom of Slim-Fast, Dexatrim, and or Hoodia commercials?
I am thinner than I was six months ago, and for that I am very thankful. It's so much better for my health, both physical and emotional. It's certainly had an impact on some other health issues I was having. But I am not thin...not yet. My current goal is four more pounds before the ACFW Conference in five weeks, certainly doable. Anything else would just be -- I almost said gravy, but that's not on the menu these days! -- it would be a bonus. I sat in my MIL's bedroom this morning (she's got cancer and has slow starts to the day) visiting and could see myself in the mirror on the bureau. Yup, still have work to do.
But for today, I'm going to rejoice in being down three pounds this week. Woohoo! Oh, and my Writer's Digest came today. :)

4 comments:

  1. That would be awesome to have your own commercial! Applause, applause

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, you're definitely commercial-worthy! I'm really impressed =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your own commercial would be great. And hopefully it would show on GSN so she could see it! Somedays I crack myself up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have more than enough reason to celebrate. Congratulatins. :-)

    ReplyDelete