Wednesday, September 10, 2008

A day to celebrate in my family


Today is my parents' anniversary and my (slightly) older sister's birthday. Many Happies, Family!
On another note, author Alice Orr, writer of the book No More Rejections: 50 Secrets to Writing a Manuscript that Sells, is making a special offer on amazon.com.
In anticipation of a busy speaking and writing class instruction schedule, Alice purchased a lot of her books from her publisher, Writer's Digest Books. Then she was diagnosed with cancer. Her speaking schedule has ground to a halt, and she's left holding all these books. Instead of wallowing in self-pity, Alice has decided to do something nice. If you go to her book link on Amazon, and click on the new/used version for sale, you will find that Alice has listed her book for $7.89 cents (new is almost $20. It's a hardback book.) She's offering to autograph the book, and she's added some extra writing exercises for those who purchase the book directly from her.
This information came to me from Barbara Warren, professional editor and author. She has read and reviewed the book and strongly recommends it.
If you're interested, click HERE.

3 comments:

  1. No More Rejections is one of my favorite books. In fact, I think I've quoted some passages from it on my blog. I'm sorry to hear about the author's cancer. I'll keep her in my prayers.
    jess

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erica, thanks for making us aware of Alice Orr's condition as well as her needing to sell her books. I ordered a couple to give away as door prizes at our November writers' conference in Lake Charles, LA.

    BTW, I won't make it this year, but I hope you have a wonderful time at conference. And I still want to see pictures or how great you look! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll click over there now. Thanks for the heads-up !

    ReplyDelete