Friday, September 05, 2008

The Friday Five



This week's Friday Five is:

Five things in or on my nightstand.

1. My TBR Pile. This teetering stack rises and falls depending on the mail from CFBA. Right now the pile is pretty small. I'm reading Virginia Lanier's A Bloodhound to Die For at the moment.

2. Alarm clock. I rarely need my alarm clock, since my husband has one and usually sets his, but sometimes I have to get up before him, so the evil, red numbered squawk box comes in handy.

3. Coconut-Lime-Verbena lotion from Bath and Body Works. Love that smell.

4. In the top drawer I have three glasses cases. This is ridiculous because I never use them, but every time you get a new pair of glasses from the eye doc, they give you a case for them. I wear my glasses from the moment I get up to the moment I go to bed, so overnight, they sit on top of my nightstand. Why I keep the ugly plaid cases is a mystery to me.

5. The most important thing: The TV Remote. I am the QUEEN of the remote, lightning fast with the channel button, sultaness of surfing.

How about you? What do you keep by the bed?

4 comments:

  1. Dust. At the moment the room is being Spring cleaned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lamp--so that I don't have to get out of the bed to turn the light off at night.

    Alarm clock--because I DO have to have an alarm to get me out of the bed at a reasonable hour.

    Laptop--I find it much easier to write after 10 p.m., and typing is faster than hand-writing. Or I can curl up with a good critique.

    Books--Right now, I have a novel (The Falcon and the Sparrow), a research book (The Making of a Chef), and a craft book (Emotional Structure) for whatever mood might strike.

    Pens, highlighters, Post-it Notes--because if I'm reading the research or craft book, I want to be able to take notes or mark something in them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with CJ here--dust. Also a lamp, alarm clock. No books and no remote. By the time I go to bed, I'm just ready to crash into those lovely Egyptian cotton sheets and check out for the night.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My TBR pile is incredibly thin too. In fact, I had to make a recent trip to the library (gasp!)

    Not too much on my nightstand--clock, jewelry box, baby monitor.

    ReplyDelete