Thursday, October 16, 2008

The Friday Five

I have decided I need to begin the search for a new purse. The one I have, though I love it, is starting to show its age, seams are coming apart, and it is just a teensy bit small for all the junk I haul around. As a mother, I become "Lord High Keeper of Everything" and must tote the mommy purse full of all sorts of necessary supplies. I hate shopping for a new handbag. It makes me feel as if I'm getting ready to send an old friend to the glue factory. I develop a bond with my purse, and the process of replacing my purse is a long and painful one. I need time to prepare, to ease into the situation. In light of this, I went on a search online and found some really bizarre purses out there. So this week's Friday Five is:
Five Purses You Will Never See Me Carrying (With a bonus purse at the end that was just so weird, I had to put it on the list.)

The Chicken Purse. How odd is that? I could never go to KFC again.

*
*
*

I suppose this would be like having a virtual pet. (And I do have a Facebook virtual dog; and Alsatian named Winston Churchill--what can I say? I love irony.) But I'd hate to be digging for my lip balm inside Fido.
*
*
*




Is this the frog formerly known as prince? I slay me.
*
*
*




Um. No.
*
*
*


This one takes the biscuit. I really don't want a skinned Bambi head looking at me every time I need to search for exact change.
*
*
*

And the bonus purse you will never see me carrying?
*
*
*

And here's a purse that would scare off any attacker. You want my wallet? I'll show you my wallet!
*
*
*
How about you? Do you enjoy shopping for a new handbag?

7 comments:

  1. I most certainly do. I'll have to pretty soon, myself. My current one is developing a hole in the bottom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so with you! Those are ugly!! No Bambis for me =P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those purses would sure get you noticed and would make me feel like I was 5 yrs. old. As to purses, I dont' really like carrying them around unless I absolutely have to. My favorite purse is a Montana Saddle bag. On the idea of a fanny pack, but nicer. It's small about 7" in length and snaps to your belt loop. Oh and you slay me too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just got a new purse last week. It's so hard to find just the right one, but so great when you do. Frog formerly known as prince--that's funny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL!!! Those are riots

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't like purse shopping either. Despise it in fact. I don't like super tiny ones, but I don't like big ones either. Finding one that's the perfect size is dang near impossible.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Actually, yes! I'd love to have a few purses to choose from, but I know I'd never take the time to switch contents to match my outfit.

    Can't remember where I saw this recently, but there was a keyboard purse--regular shaped square purse, but it was made up completely of keyboard keys. Kind of cool. Then again, kind of not.

    ReplyDelete