Friday, October 31, 2008

The Friday Five

The Friday Five this week is:

Five reasons I'm glad I sucked it up and went to the NaNo Kickoff Party in my region.

1. I met nice people.

2. I won a jump drive in the drawing.

3. I got a NaNo sticker. :)

4. I got to color a picture of my 'inner editor' then seal him up in an envelope that is not to be opened until December 1st.

5. I met nice people.

I am so glad I went. And thank you to my family who went along with, sort of. I'm such a baby. Peter and James dropped Heather and I off at the coffee shop, then went to Best Buy to look at electronics. We agreed to meet at the Taco Bell next to the coffee shop after the meeting. Heather took a seat away from the meeting and worked on her own project, but for some reason, it was comforting to know she was close by. Turns out all my fears were unfounded. The people were nice, enthusiastic, and more than welcoming. We have a really fun bunch of people writing away in Rochester.

In other news, I'm guest blogging today at Seekerville, so pop on over and see how writers are like the characters on Gilligan's Island.

Also, BIG news. I've received release dates for books two and three in the Kennebrae Brides series. Book one, The Bartered Bride, releases November 2009, book two, tentatively titled The Marriage Masquerade, debuts January 2010, and the final book, tentatively titled The Engineered Engagement, comes out June 2010.

When I got the email, I danced around the room, grinning, and giggling...sadly, I was the only one home at the time and the cat looked at me like I had lost my marbles. Sigh. If she only knew how right she was. :)

8 comments:

  1. Glad you had a good time at the kickoff party. I love the idea of sealing your inner editor in an envelope. What a great idea!

    Congrats on your book release dates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you for going. Are you getting everything in order today so you can start writing like crazy tomorrow?

    And congrats on the dates for the next books!! I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so proud of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda, I sure am. Doing end of month bookkeeping so I can have tomorrow free. Getting caught up on laundry and housework and stuff. Not enough hours today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found you at Seekerville, Erica, sent the article to my friend I told you about there, then came here to try to find an email address so I could send you a picture I took of you while we were at the ACFW conference. I didn't have your email when I sent others their picture, but now that I've found you, if you want one, let me know and I will send it.

    I'm excited for you about the release dates on your next three books! Will be watching for them!

    Pam Williams
    cepjwms at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woo-hoo, Erica! Two more books, but do we really have to wait so long for them? 2010 sounds forever away.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The NaNo party sounds fun. You were great at Seekerville today, and congrats of the book dates. You're making a splash, girl.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations, Erica, on the book publishing. And it is great you got to go to the NaNo meeting. I would love to go to one, but the nearest one is very likely several thousand miles away. I am hoping to participate in the next one. This year is just not possible since we are in the middle of a construction project, plus Christmas preparations for the children we are working with. Blessing from Costa Rica

    ReplyDelete