Tuesday, October 14, 2008

NaNo's Coming



This is probably how I will be during NaNoWriMo.





Today was devoted to more plotting. I'm being very deliberate about my plotting for this next novel. This is a picture of James peeking over my plot board. Post it Heaven! Pink is for the heroine's POV scenes, Blue is for the Hero (Not very original, I know, but it works for me). Orange is the KABOOM moment in the book when all hope seems lost. Purple tiny post its are when my bad guy is in a scene. (Gotta track the bad guys.) And little yellow notes are the places where I don't have something figured out yet. They have single questions on them like "Setting?" and "Sabotage?"























And for CJ, that is your IM window on the laptop. :)



Using this plot board, I was able to write a 4K word six page chapter-by-chapter synopsis of the book. Yay! Actual writing. It felt so good today to get back to writing. It's been far too long.













On another happy note, this is a picture of me signing my very first book contract. :D



9 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the plot board looks pretty canty. And don't you look mahvelous! Love the blue shirt and tank

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on getting your synop written!!

    And also, what a great photo of the signing. :) Congrats again on the sale!!

    Now, I once again want to go buy one of those boards. I just need to remember to do it!

    Missy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for posting this pic. My board is at the post office waiting for me to pick it up when I get back to town on Friday. I can't wait. I'm a partial plotter--tend to quit when I hit a rough spot--too, I tend to lose focus-- so I have great hopes for this plotting board.

    Also, I ordered it because I'm running for office for our local writers' group and we're going to do some serious goal setting which includes this little board.

    So glad to see how you did it! And you look wonderful with pen in hand and contract before you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woot woot on your contract signing. I love the poster board idea because it involves my beloved office supplies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Signing your contract--very cool! I can't wait to go through the process with you and see what all else has to happen to get a book in print.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great picture of you signing the contract! That's definitely a Woo-Hoo moment!

    The plot board looks fascinating. Let us know how it goes when you get into the writing. (I don't think I'm a plot board person, but I enjoyed your explanation).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the cartoon pic. And congrats on signing that contract. Bet that felt pretty cool--and scary.

    ReplyDelete