Wednesday, November 05, 2008

NaNo 5 (and Wed. Weigh In)



Today I took the NaNo show on the road for the afternoon. Went to Panera Bread and wrote 3439 words, for a running total of 18153. I've never written a first draft so quickly.
And the amazing thing is...I don't think it's total drivel. Sure, it will need work, but the plot is flowing smoothly, and the characters are behaving in character.
Tomorrow starts chapter eight, something I've been looking forward to ever since the idea for it came to me. And it sounds like something out of one of the Dares on the NaNo forums. I get to write about the circus! Really! Doesn't get much better than that. Imagine all the possibilities for sights, sounds, smells, tastes, feels...yay! Even after today's long session of writing, I'm still eager to get back to it because the next chapter will be so much fun.
And for the Wednesday Weigh In... Yay! The numbers on the scale went DOWN. I lost a pound! Woohoo! As difficult and stagnate as things have been for the past several weeks, a pound is something to celebrate! Especially since I've eaten enough salad this week to make a bunny run shrieking into the night.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. Great job on your word count! Very impressive. Things are getting easier on my NaNo novel. I can't wait to get started writing today!

    Stina Rose

    ...and the plot thickens! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oo, a circus, that sounds like fun! Yay on the word count!

    ReplyDelete