Saturday, November 01, 2008

NaNo Day 1

Had a good day today. 7615 words. Whew, am I tired.

Had a thought while I was working...I'm really going to miss these characters when this story is done. Maybe because it is the third in a series, maybe because I've plotted this book more heavily than any book I've written before, but the first 7600 words came easier than the beginning of any book I've tried, even last year's NaNo novel attempt.

Longtime readers of OTWP will know that I usually have to whine my way through the first 20-40 pages of a new WIP. But this time I know my characters so much better, know what it is they want, and more importantly why they can't have it, that the work is going well. Well, the first day did, anyway.

I could tell I was having Mary Ann tendencies. (See my Seekerville post HERE.) Every time I knew I was going to be mean to my characters, I had to get up from the table at the library and walk around to psych myself up to lower the boom. It got to be kinda fun. :D

5 comments:

  1. Wow, you did really well. What'd you do...write all day? I've been out of pocket so didn't get started until tonight. Just whipped out 2,208. Thank goodness I have it all outlined and know where I'm going. You're a writing whirlwind. Call me ENVIOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Jess,

    I did write all day. Hit the library at 9:30 and didn't leave until 5.

    I have the bestest family ever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What a great start!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that's a lot of words!
    Maryanne syndrome, too funny!

    ReplyDelete