This week's Friday Five. Okay, so I totally thought today was Thursday until I received my Fabulous Friday Deals email from CBD.com. But I'm glad I waited to post because I got a really exciting email from my friend Stephanie Morrill. Her debut novel is now available for pre-order on Amazon. Click here to order Me, Just Different.
Five great things about Stephanie Morrill.
1. First of all, we met at the Florida Christian Writer's Conference when we were both in Angela Hunt's Advanced Fiction Clinic. We hit it off right away because Stephanie is an awesome person.
2. She's got an adorable daughter whom I called "the Stowaway" when we roomed together at the 2007 ACFW Conference in Dallas. (Steph was about 7 months pregnant at the time.)
3. Her book, The Escape Route, which MUST be published some day is one of the most thought provoking stories I've ever read. Her character, Jasper, is so complex. I STILL don't know how I feel about him, but it is a testament to Steph's writing that after more than two years, I still think about that character.
4. She's a whiz at naming characters.
5. She's a Kansan. :) Yay for Jayhawks!
Go check out the amazon link, and drop a line of congrats here for Stephanie. I know it will mean a lot to her.