Monday, December 08, 2008

A good story



Today I watched the western Broken Trail. What a good story. Be warned, there's a considerable amount of violence. But it has all the hallmarks of a great tale. Opposition, conflict, relationships, danger, love, the best and the worst in human nature, unwilling heroes, and a smash-bang finish.

I love most all westerns, and I love westerns with Robert Duvall in particular. Lonesome Dove, Open Range, Broken Trail. I could watch them over and over. There's just something about the American West that just lends itself to heroic characters thrown into conflict that leaves them hard choices that define character.

Do you have a favorite genre? Do you have a favorite situation/era/style that lends itself well to conflict and romance?

3 comments:

  1. Nothing beats a good Western though submarine movies come a close second

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love action/adventure, but I still this romantic comedy is my absolute favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like westerns, spy movies and action/adventure. I enjoy a little danger and a little romance in a movie.

    ReplyDelete