Thursday, December 11, 2008

A real Puzzler




This past week the puzzle bug has bit me. And not just any puzzles will do. I've been building Charles Wysocki puzzles. I've long been a fan of Wysocki's Americana paintings, and I love the jigsaw puzzles made from the paintings.

I own several of them, and have been perusing his website for others.


Last night I built the one above, entitled The Pickwick Cottage. The little wagon in front is painted with the words "Betsy's Chocolates on Cape Cod." My husband, when he got home from his church board meeting helped me with the sky and the cottage. We turned on one of the music channels and listened to Dean Martin, Eartha Kitt, Eddie Fischer, and others sing Christmas carols. Peaceful.
Recently, my son has become fascinated with a show on glassworking on the Create Channel. When he was quite small, he saw a craftsman making glass figures with a blowtorch and glass rods. Ever since, the idea of working with glass has captivated him. I could see him as a glass artist.

It reminds me over and over that God is a creative God and He has designed His people to be creative as well. Whether it is writing novels, blowing glass, or painting charming Americana vignettes, creativity is all around us.

2 comments:

  1. Ooo, I used to ADORE diving into a new puzzle. My oldest daughter and I would do them, then glue them. Such fun, and really a way to relax for a few hours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice way to create time together.

    ReplyDelete