Friday, December 05, 2008

Something New



One thing I've discovered with my recent weight loss is that my internal thermometer is all out of whack. I'm not sure what whack is, but my thermometer is out of it.
Without all the extra insulation, I find myself getting cold. The other night the thermostat on the gas fireplace said it was 68 degrees in the bedroom, and I was freezing! I turned on the fireplace to warm things up. When the temp hit 70 degrees, I was roasting! That's a pretty small window.
I've noticed that my hands get very cold now when I type. Yesterday I broke down and bought a pair of fingerless gloves (in navy blue) to help with the problem. Though they felt a little bulky at first, they seem like they will keep the chill away while still allowing me to type. Yay!
Do you have fingerless gloves? Is your thermometer out of whack too?

4 comments:

  1. Aren't you glad you don't have all that extra padding??? I have a small comfort window for temperature, too, but much prefer the cold to the heat. No fingerless gloves, although I do sit with a throw on my lap as I write away in my recliner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I swear I have cold flashes not hot flashes. Yes, I wear blue, polartec fingerless gloves and fluffy socks or polartec socks or polartec socks over fluffy socks. I'm happiest when the temp is close to 90. Is it July, yet?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good idea! Glad you found a solution that didn't involve the thermostat !

    ReplyDelete