Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Turkey Day - a little late


We had a wonderful Thanksgiving meal with my husband's family last week. Good food, good fellowship, and a marathon game of Apples to Apples.
There are a lot of plusses when you go to be company for Thanksgiving. No frantic house-cleaning, no stress-filled trying-to-get-everything-on-the-table-at-the-same-time cooking, no hunting for the card table trying to decide who sits at the kid table madness. Guests just show up with a pie or two and skate through the holiday.
Big thanks to Linda and Mike for hosting us again this year.
The only drawback to going to someone else's house for Thanksgiving is...no turkey leftovers!
In order to solve that problem, I'm roasting a turkey today. As soon as I get back from the accountant. The house is going to smell gooooooooood.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you had a good one! Good thing you found a solution!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a wonderful holiday. I wish I had been invited out for Thanksgving :-" I hate leftovers!

    ReplyDelete