Monday, December 22, 2008

TV Trends



TV these days ain't what it used to be. Shows aren't aired like they were when I was a kid.
Have you noticed that some shows don't start until January? Have you noticed that some shows don't start until late September, then are done for the season in mid-December? And even if you do get a whole season, it's not a full 25 or 30 episodes, it's maybe 18.
So here I sit, mourning that Chuck won't be on until February. That I missed the last episode of the fall season of The Mentalist, and they hadn't put it up on the website the last time I checked. (I'll check again soon, on the off chance, but they took all the other episodes off too.)
Speaking of The Mentalist, I really enjoy that show. Simon Baker is fabulous in it, as is Robin Tenney. They really work well together. I'm happy that the show is #1 this year. Usually if I like a show, it is the kiss of death and cancellation happens swiftly.
Does that happen to you? What trends have y0u noticed in tv in recent years?

1 comment:

  1. Trends? Comedies are pretty lame of late. Nothing comes close to The Carol Burnett Show esp. the Gone with The Wind skit. As to the number of eps in a season, that just seems to be the way things are. Notice in the grocery store, you pay more for less? Boxes that were a full pound are now down to 12 oz.

    I'm glad The Mentalist hasn't bought the farm simply because I'm watching. I'm bummed the full eps aren't on the website too.

    ReplyDelete