Friday, January 16, 2009

Friday Five Meme


Wicked cold here this week, lots of snow, lots of wind, lots of hot chocolate. :)
I found this meme in an interview with Josh Grogan, the author of Marley and Me. I thought the questions were interesting, so I'm going to give it a go to answer them, then invite you to answer them too. Either consider yourself tagged and answer them on your blog and let me know, or pick a favorite and answer in a comment.
Q What item in your home says Erica Vetsch lives here?
Probably my books...or my laptop, since I'm never very far from either of those.
Q What are three things on your nightstand?
My TBR pile, my alarm clock, my MP3 player (and since Josh added a couple things, I'm going to also) the Bible I'm using to read through the Scripture in one year, a brass lamp, and the tv remote.
Q What is one thing on your living room wall?
A decorative shelf that my dad made me, with heart cutouts and three drawers.
Q What is one thing you have in your house from your childhood?
Books. Lots of books from my childhood. Books were my best friends.
Q What are three things we'd find in your medicine cabinet?
Advil--when I was a teacher, we called this teacher candy.
Bath and Body Works Coconut Lime Verbena shower gel. Christmas gifts from my boys.
Crest Pro Health rinse.
Q What are three things we'd find in your refrigerator?
Slimfast Milk Chocolate shakes
Carrots and veggie dip
Caffeine Free Diet Coke
Q If you had to save one thing from your home, what would it be?
I'm going to assume that my family and beloved cat would be safe and say either my laptop or my jump drive. I have so much work stored on those, I would hate to lose it all. Anything else could be replaced.
Q What is the biggest collection in your home?
Books, hands down. I have hundreds and get more all the time.
Q What is the most embarrassing thing in your home that you hide when guests come over?
Laundry. I do laundry and sometimes it sits in baskets in the livingroom for a few days before I get around to folding it and putting it away. I've been known, when company arrives spur of the moment, to shove the laundry out of sight. Then again, sometimes I don't get it out of site. At least the laundry is clean. :)
Q What's the best furniture bargain you ever got?
A rustic green sideboard made of old barn boards. It's in my dining room, and I think it looks smashing with all my sunflower decor. We got it at an auction for a song.
Q What CD or artist would we find in your player?
Right now, Michael W. Smith's Live the Life. Though I was listening to Casting Crowns on the MP3 player while I walked on the treadmill yesterday.
Q Do you do any snooping of your own when visiting friends?
I don't go looking into medicine cabinets or into rooms where I've not been invited, but I do gravitate toward bookcases to see what people in the house are reading. You can find common ground and find out a lot about a person by what's on their bookshelf.
So, any takers? Let me know if you blog these. I'd like to come by and read your answers.

1 comment:

  1. LOL Laundry in the livingroom. I've done that. Look for my answers on Sunday.

    ReplyDelete