Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Monkey Socks

One of the things I've learned this winter is that as a diabetic, I have to take good care of my feet. Though I don't have any numbness or tingling, my feet do get cold. My family will be shocked to know that I've even worn socks to bed a couple times this winter. As someone who has never been able to sleep with even the covers on my feet, wearing socks to bed is akin to wearing a straitjacket.

During the day around the house, I wear my monkey socks with the no-slip soles. These were a gift from some writer friends a few years ago. I wear them over my regular socks (again something that shocks my family, as I was known to go barefoot in the good old days even in winter, due to the fact that my feet were always hot).

Heather took this picture for me. I was going to take it myself but then realized that would have made the monkey faces upsidedown in the photo.

5 comments:

  1. LOL I love your monkey socks. Perfect color and they do look so cozy. My feet are always cold. I don't enjoy going barefoot like the Flintstones I live with. One big help this winter, fugly shoes with a lining. Mmmmm, toasty. Downside is the combination of rubber and polartec makes me a giant van der Graaf generator. zzzZZAAAPP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are so cute. The colors are great and they look so warm and fun. Warm feet are happy feet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE 'EM! LOL, my 4-year-old loves them too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wish I had a pair right now---my feet are freezing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You come up with the most amazing things. Love your monkey socks!

    ReplyDelete