Friday, February 13, 2009

The Friday Five + Twenty!


Book: Gingham Mountain by Mary Connealy--YAY!
Song: Life's A Dance by John Michael Montgomery

This little Meme was zinging around Facebook a week or so ago, and after being tagged a few times, I finally succumbed and filled it out. Now it will do double duty for me as a Friday Five. :)

1. I'm from Kansas.
2. I have been married to Peter for 19 years.
3. I have the two best kids on the planet.
4. I write historical romances.
5. I don't like s'mores.
6. I will not eat anything that lived under water. Nothing from the SEA! Nothing from the LAKE! Nothing from the RIVER!
7. I've lost sixty pounds in the last eight months.
8. I listen to country music.
9. My best friend and I have only met in person one time.
10. I have a party at my house on New Year's Day. Food, Football, and Fun Fellowship.
11. I sing alto.
12. I can tie a cherry stem into a knot in my mouth...no hands.
13. I post a list kinda like this called The Friday Five every week on my blog. (Hee Hee)
14. I am addicted to history museums.
15. I could stare at Lake Superior for hours.
16. I'm a middle child.
17. I just renewed my driver's license. Why do I get so nervous when they do the eye test?
18. I test my blood sugar twice a week.
19. I homeschool my kids.
20. I'm the company bookkeeper for Vetsch Hardwoods, Inc.
21. My favorite color is red.
22. I have naturally curly hair.
23. I love my church.
24. I was a high school history teacher.
25. I'm an alum of Calvary Bible College.
So there you go, more than you wanted to know about me. :)

5 comments:

  1. I'll have to make sure to buy fresh cherries when you are here, just to see you tie a knot in the stem. I never realized how multi-talented you are (-;

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto what CJ said--I want to see! Talk about talent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is that cherry-stem tying a yank thing? My sis-in-law can do that. LOL

    BTW, what do you sub for fish? Don't they have some important nutrient that we need... ?

    This was interesting. How about 20 more? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jess, Don't know about it being a yank thing. :D A yank from South Dakota taught me how to do it.

    As to what I might be missing in my diet by not eating fish? I have no idea...iodine?

    The fact that fish is supposed to be brain food sure explains a lot about me, don't it? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Friday Five. And to get 20 bonus--what a treat!

    ReplyDelete