Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Gingham Mountain by Mary Connealy!

There are very few books that I wait for anxiously. The new Dick Francis, the new Anne Perry Inspector Monk, and the new Mary Connealy.


I waited what seemed FOREVER for Gingham Mountain, book three in the Lassoed in Texas series to to arrive. I think the hardest time to wait was the week between ordering the book and when it arrived in my mailbox.


Let me tell you, I wasn't disappointed when the book finally arrived and I could dive into it.


I LOVE Hannah and Grant. I love Grant so much that I was afraid that Hannah wouldn't measure up to him...but she did! They are perfect for each other. There is a huge understanding gap between them, male vs female, that any person can connect with. There are children in need, hearts on the line, danger, not only to their physical safety, but to their reputations, their long-held views of themselves and of God. When characters have to re-evaluate their dearest beliefs, when truth and pre-conceptions collide, you have great fiction. I can't recommend this book or this series highly enough.

ABOUT THE BOOK: All aboard for a delightful, suspense-filled romance, where a Texan is torn between his attraction to a meddlesome schoolmarm and the charms of a designing dressmaker. When Hannah Cartwright meets Grant, she's determined to keep him from committing her orphans to hard labor on his ranch. How far will she go to ensure their welfare? Grant is determined to provide a home for the two kids brought in by the orphan train. Can he keep his ragtag family together while steering clear of love and marriage?
Hannah Cartwright is determined to keep Grant from committing two orphans to hard labor on his ranch. How far will she go to ensure their welfare? Grant is inexplicably drawn to Hannah. Will he win her love or be caught in the clutches of a scheming seamstress?
ABOUT THE AUTHOR: Mary Connealy is one of the most genuine, most talented, and dearest people I know. She's funny, compassionate, sensitive, and always ready to help a girl (me) with answers to questions. (Okay, I admit it, I pester her from time to time.) Mary lives with her farmer husband in Nebraska, she is the mother of four wonderful grown daughters, and this year they brought a beautiful grandbaby into the Connealy family. (Congrats, Mary!)
Tomorrow, Mary will be guest blogging here at OTWP, and you won't want to miss it.

You can purchase Gingham Mountain HERE.


2 comments:

  1. This was such a fun read. She's turned into one of my auto-reads too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to Mary's post tomorrow! Such a fun writer.

    ReplyDelete